The Office of Public Engagement (OPE) is proud to launch a new one-stop-shop for all the ways you can engage with the White House online. Check it out at WhiteHouse.gov/Engage.
When describing OPE, President Obama said, “Our commitment to openness means more than simply informing the American people about how decisions are made. It means recognizing that government does not have all the answers, and that public officials need to draw on what citizens know.” Our hope is that WhiteHouse.gov/Engage will make your communication with the administration easier than ever!
WhiteHouse.gov/Engage is your best resource to learn about the many opportunities to available to inform the work of the President.
We have highlighted new and on-going programs, including:
· American Jobs Act
· Champions of Change
· Let’s Move
· We The People
· Immigration Roundtables
· Joining Forces
We updated the latest news and videos section and the community pages with constituency specific information. We invite you to get to know our team.
The most exciting part of the new website is the tools available to help you get more involved. We want to hear from you and encourage all of you to join the conversation by:
· Nominating people doing extraordinary things in their community to be a Champion of Change;
· Hosting roundtables and conference calls;
· Finding out more about Let’s Move and the Presidential Citizens Medal;
· Applying to become a White House fellow or Intern;
· Joining us for White House Office Hours, Open for Questions, and Advise the Advisor events.
Director of the Office of Public Engagement
P.S. – The White House just launched a new page about the Administration's efforts to help the economy. Be sure to check it out at WhiteHouse.gov/Economy.