Wednesday, August 17, 2011

VIDEO - President Obama: "Why I wanted to get into public service in the first place"

By Macon Phillips


Today in Peosta, Iowa, President Obama took a moment to reflect on what his trip through rural America has meant:

As I was driving down those little towns in my big bus we slowed down, and I'm standing in the front and I'm waving, I'm seeing little kids with American flags, and grandparents in their lawn chairs, and folks outside a machine shop, and passing churches and cemeteries and corner stores and farms -- I'm reminded about why I wanted to get into public service in the first place.  Sometimes there are days in Washington that will drive you crazy.  But getting out of Washington and meeting all of you, and seeing how hard you're working, how creative you are, how resourceful you are, how determined you are, that just makes me that much more determined to serve you as best I can as President of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment